Friday, 24 February 2012

Regret.....

I stumble on down the bleak path, trying to keep regret at bay as the dark, sodden skies pour down on me. towering clouds frown down on me and lightning seems to rent the skies apart as my fever rises and the rain seems to burn into my skin like scalding knives. And then in that desolate road, I see a rose bud, at the exact moment in which it opens its arms wide to welcome the world with all its splendor. The raindrops landing lightly on the petals, then clinging on to it as it slowly slithers down its contour to drop off gently to the earth. The incredible beauty mesmerizes me and makes my heart miss a beat. A burning desire, an attempt to subsume my grief in the heavenly beauty fills my heart. The sweet fragrance of the rose mingles with the fresh aroma of the wet earth to create a unique smell that tingles my nose and numbs my senses, sending my feverish mind into a trance and driven by it, my feet turns towards the object of my desire. Disjointed images flash through my mind and a thousand emotions knock at once at the door of conscious thought, putting my mind into a turmoil. I seem to fall through an endless tunnel as the gale grows stronger around me and I am engulfed by a quagmire of memories. Like shards of glass off a broken mirror, faces and old mistakes sting me, making my heart  bleed. The dam of my resistance breaks and tears start to flow down my cheeks. The grief consumes me, sapping my already weakened body of strength. As my feet drags on, my knees suddenly buckle under my weight and I fall down. As I fall, I still reach out for my salvation, but I only manage to tear my flesh open on the thorns as the whole world goes black before my eyes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment