Thursday, 22 May 2014

Stay......... An ode to love!

Come ye wind, lift up my spirits again,
 For tonight, I'm gonna rejoice.
Come rain, burn away the pain,
off my feverish skin, I've made my choice.....

For too long have I been hiding,
Behind the mask, wearing a smile,
But now that you've come riding,
I'm gonna be me awhile......

Again, though forgotten I have how it felt to be me,
Buried it too deep, to stop the hurt,
But sing to me thunder, let me once again see,
The parts of myself, rise afresh off the dirt......

And I'll be me again, even though I might bleed,
Now that you're here, won't awhile you stay?
Stay, I ask you, not to give me what I need,
But stay, coz with you, I can finally see a way......

Of becoming whole again, broken as i am,
All sharpness and raw edges, cut your finger on me,
And rain redness on me, break open the dam,
Of my madness, let me howl and dance with glee.......

And you're all that I can see,
All the flame and burning desire,
Left smouldering in me,
Fuelling my soul's fire.......

So, rejoice with me tonight,
Let this night not be one for sorrow,
Coz for this love, I'm ready to fight,
Come whatever will on the 'morrow......

And for you I'll fall, a thousand times over,
Never to give up, come what may,
So, walk with me, and be my lover,
Coz in you, I've finally found a reason to stay.................

No comments:

Post a Comment