Thursday, 22 May 2014

Emptiness-The flight of the beloved......

And room feels so empty tonight,
 A weight presses down on my heart.  
The eyes are once again caught by the light,
It stings, it burns, its glare does hurt....

Go, if you must, set off on your way,  
Spread your wings, your dreams go feed,  
I'll sit here in the shadows, they have so much more to say,
As the memories rip me apart, and into silence I bleed.....    

But call you back, I won't, you're a free soul,
Go find your calling, etch your name amongst the stars,  
For everything in life does have its role,
Maybe yours was to find me the strength to fight the wars,  

Against my own demons, and with you by my side,  
I learnt to see the dawn, after the darkest night.  
Made me believe, that no matter how rough the ride,  
At the end of the tunnel, there'll always be light.......  

But now that you are gone, the darkness presses in,  
And my silent screams they echo, off the empty walls,  
Reverberating, into a crescendo rises the maddening din,
within my head, yet not a single tear falls......

For you were my passion, all my heart I gave,
And now that you're gone, a void,
A hollow weight in my chest, that is all I have,
I am now spent, with my all I tried.....    

So go, as you must, and do not glance back,
To see, the silent pleas of my eyes,  
For go you must, and it won't hold you back,  
So leave not a sad smile, nor resort to petty lies.....

About coming back, we both know the truth,
No false promises, the point of no return.
And the memories they won't soothe,
From inside I'll burn.........

Maybe someday the storms will flash,  
And the mighty west wind arrive,  
To lift me off the ash....
Till then, let the pyre of passion thrive.........                 


No comments:

Post a Comment